The W123s are probably worth it, they were running and intact for the most
part, but dirty. Both had rust in some of the usual places. The champagne
colored one smokes, likely has a broken ring. The yellow one is an 85 and is by
far the better of the two.

The 300SE blew a flex disc and the driveshaft is dinged up from what I could
see (it was in the trunk). It looked bad enough that unless I could have seen
the underside there’s no way I would have touched it. Interior was nice but the
exterior needed some serious detailing work to recover. Oh, and no key, either.
He wanted $2500, I suspect he would have let it go for $2k. No idea of prices
on the W123s, I didn’t ask as I wasn’t interested. The W116 was a POS as were
the R107 and the 6.9 (which he said was bad.)

A lot of mid-life projects envisioned but never executed. What’s really sad is
that most of these were pretty nice cars when he got them. They’re crap now
because they were neglected.

Why do people do this????

-D