Had to head to Ames IA (an hour east) today for a training.

On the way back, I noticed that the 240D was running a bit hotter than
normal. Granted, this is the first day of the summer when the temps have
been in the mid-90s. By "hot" I mean that the gauge was about half way
between the 175 degree mark and whatever temp that next tic  mark is between
175 and 250. Thermostat is 185 degrees I think.

Thermostat was new last year so I doubt that is an issue. Alternator / water
pump v-belt tight. Coolant topped off right where it should be.

I noticed two things today

1. There was a strong (30 mph) wind out of the south. I was driving straight
east/west. Seems almost like the car runs hotter if I am fighting a strong
cross-breeze. Just my imagination or is there something to this? Today isn't
the first time I've noticed this -- there seems to be a definite pattern
here.

2. I noticed this evening that some of the fins on the radiator are sort of
buggered-up and clumped together. Rock striket, etc. Should I try to
straighten these out (gently and carefully) for better airflow? I did note
that there are not too many insects jammed in between the fins.

--
"There're always enemies, George. Jesus had enemies."
-- Tom Clancy, _Executive Orders_

1977 240D
1983 VW Quantum turbo diesel 5-speed
1972 Honda CB-500K motorcycle