Well, it wasn't as much hassle as I thought it was going to be.  I seem to
remember the last time I did the hatch struts that I noticed that the
speakers would be a PITA.  Must have been another car.

Anyway...the rear speakers on my '85 300TD are 3.5" standard speakers and
they go into a nice frame that screws into the body.  I've attached a
picture...don't remember how to upload pix, but here goes.

NOW....anybody know where the factory speaker wires come in to the dash?
They seem to run along the driver's side roofline, but I don't know where
they make the turn into the dash.  Sure would like to not have to run new
wires...yeah, I'm lazy.  TIA...

Royce Engler

1985 300TD Turbo 265K