HAHAHAHA.....The gear vendors overdrive costs more than a 6.2 Burban is worth.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert & Tara Ludwick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Powerstroke? Who needs them and why?

Well, the burb probably dogs out due to the rear end ratio. The trick to
compensate for that is to get one of those gear vendors over/underdrive
units. you will get an extra overdrive for highway cruising and get even
better fuel milage when not loaded down , but when towing you can
effectively put it in direct and under ( in reality, the gear below and
over ) to lower the final drive ratio and give you all the pulling oomph
you need.

----------Robert

Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
Well the 1 ton 6.5 td doesnt even know there is a car on a trailer back
there, but the burb 6.2 diesel is kind of slow, but gets the job done
and gets a little better mileage.  Also thought about finding a mid 90's
3.4 ton 6.5 td with a 5 speed, that would probably get pretty decent
mileage without the slushbox.