If he's bored, he needs to do the research into the "Charles 803" and start
there.  Build it the way the plans show.  If you cannot find the plans for
free, let me know and I'll send them to you.  3" & 4" copper tubing is
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$s and is a large portion of the cost of the still.
Then there's the gov't/ATF etc.....

Luther

--
Luther   KB5QHU