Costco synthetic 5W30 is what I am using these days. Anything like that should
be fine. 10W40, etc. there should be a chart in the manual somewhere showing
weights for various temperatures.

Get a polishing kit off Amazon for a drill. Velcro pads on a mandrel then
various grits of sanding discs from like 800 up to 5000 then use a foam pad
(these come in various degrees of coarseness) with some buffing compound then
polish wax for the final pass. They will look near new after an hour or two.
Get a spray bottle with water and a bit of dish soap to keep it wet and lubed.
Mask around the lens to keep from hitting the painted body bits.

I got a box full of the sanding discs and a kit with a coupla mandrels and foam
pads, wasn’t too much.

—FT

Sent from my iPad