Dan -- you mentioned replacing the steering wheel buttons, having trouble
finding these on  the dealer part sites. Looking mostly to see what they cost,
on the E500 they have the icons rubbed (mostly) off and if the switches (or
ideally just the covers) are cheap enough I might replace them.

I found the torx bit you recommended, and the flexible tube on the air intake
that I need (right-hand one is cracked). Also threw in an air mass sensor
gasket (112-159-01-80-64, is that it?) since it's cheap.