Folks,

Well the 2002 e320 wagon with fries sucks today ….

I drove it to the Kroger to get a dozen Valentine’s Day roses for the pretty
red headed woman … well, no good deed goes unpunished.

So, I drove the hovercraft about 8 miles to the Kroger on the next island,
uneventfully. Last week, if you remember I replaced the key cases …. The
originals were busted up. When I bought the car, previous owners said key #1
started the car and key #2 supposedly didn’t start but remote worked …. After
new fob cases and batteries, both keys would start and work the locks. So after
shopping the key would not turn … I got some errors, I assume on the cluster
but each time it would be different including maybe an r5 or r 3 but maybe some
segments of the lower right window in the cluster are out … by the way, I
couldn’t operate the big cluster display … odometer etc today … it had always
been dim but today nothing.

I messed around with some stuff …. Lock unlock etc   I also used a screwdriver
and put the shift selector in neutral etc … will a car such as this start in
neutral?

I also located the battery under right rear seat … it’s a nice big one that
could run a 123 diesel …. And I removed and replaced all the fuses … are there
a bunch of blank spots in the fuse panel. It was dark, so that was all I could
do … I would have disconnected the battery but I had no tools or Mercedes’ tool
or first aid kit … just one screwdriver

So I called the red headed woman and she brought me the other key which I
suppose I should have had in the car. Bingo it started up fine and I drove
home. Once home key number one still didn’t work and key two still works.

Ideas??

One bit of back story … we had maybe five plus inches of rain and the car was
parked in 2-3 inches of water, but no more. Water never touched  the car except
from rainfall. Everything was dry around the electronics … where is the main
ECU ? Passenger kick panel or somewhere around there?

So far I’ve only replaced mechanical things … key cases, hood release and
windshield wiper … and am about to replace hood lift struts ….. maybe I should
just sell it to Floyd!! Or make him help me diagnose it with his fancy Chinese
computer!

Oh, there was a box marked Motorola and Benz under the drivers side rear seat
…. What is that an analog cellphone? Can I just unplug all that without
disturbing the nannies?

I know I need to replace all the fuses.

This is a lot … call it the Valentine story. And yes, I gave her the roses 🌹 at
the Kroger.

Xx rick