It happens about 1x-2x a year down here. Some doofus dog owner is walking
Fluffy too close to the edge of a pond or other body of water, and a gator
decides to make a snack out of Fluffy.

The owner gets all upset (despite the warning signs all over the place) and
wants the gator trapped and killed. Nope!

People don’t understand that their pets are part of the food chain down here if
they let them out in the wild, or don’t avoid their habitat. Around my Florida
house are gators, feral hogs and Florida panthers, to name a few predators. We
have coyotes, too.

I don’t get it.

-D