On 23/02/2023 5:43 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
A while back i had replaced the return lines on the 99 and not long after
pulled injectors to replace the nozzles. The line was not that old and appeared
to be fine so I reinstalled them. They shortly after started leaking fuel
everywhere. I said to myself I I have to pull the lines replace them. Never try
to reuse them again no matter how new they are. Last weekend I wanted to check
the spray and pop pressure on them as they are still noisy. Line was still
fresh looking and not on the car long so against my better judgement, I reused
again. Guess what, soon I’ll smelling diesel and had to redo the lines. So
never reuse them if you pull them for any reason.

If there was enough slack to permit you to trim the ends it might have worked.

Randy