I still ( after 5 years ) am not sure if I have a cooling problem with
my 300D. Temperatures climb to 98degC when climbing a 200m hill that is
3 km is length ( average inclination 15:1 ) Normal temperature is some
82 deg. Fast ( 120km/h ) driving also results in higher temperatures (
95 deg ). Ambient temperature 25degC. Is this "normal " or should I
change radiator - ( I have changed pump, thermostat, fan-coupler )

They do climb a bit, fairly quickly when load is applied.  But if
it worries you try a $5 acid flush first.  If it makes a difference
then maybe it was the radiator.  OTOH, if it makes a difference maybe
you don't have a problem anymore.

It eliminated the overheating problem our SDL had.  (Which got a lot
hotter than yours did.)

See: http://cathey.dogear.com/SDLcool.html#acid

-- Jim