John Berryman wrote:
>       I still don't understand why the rest of the world is so reluctant
> to trash the worst OS known to man and make the easy transition to
> Mac OS X.

In my case, it's because I don't feel like buying all new hardware,
software, and peripherals, while paying more money for lower
performance.  For example, my PC's 128 megabyte GeForce4 video card, by
no means a state-of-the-art design, runs rings around the 64 megabyte,
non-upgradable video subsystem in my SO's Mac Mini.

I like MacOS X, but not all the other stuff that goes with it, frankly.
And MacOS X puts you on the same treadmill Windows does, making you buy
upgrades on a regular basis as then end-of-life older versions and stop
providing bug fixes.