Here’s a YT video on how to use the diagnostic menu and what everything means:

https://youtu.be/-DQgJddsRlw

-D

On Apr 4, 2023, at 6:27 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com<mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:

Was about 80F here today and sunny so the car was pretty warm when I went for a
drive this afternoon. Left side AC vents definitely warmer than right at least
for a while until the interior cooled down. Then it was less noticable. I
didn't have a thermometer handy to take temps at the vents.

I’ve seen some references to a diagnostic mode that is activated this mode by
pressing and holding the RECIRC and AC OFF/REST buttons (15) and (14) on the
diagram below (or attached pic). Once the diagnostic mode activates, using the
temp UP/DOWN buttons (3) I can scroll through a number of parameters. I'm not
sure what they mean. I noted the readings right after startup (probably not too
meaningful) and after I got home after about 20 minutes of driving, in both
cases with the engine running.

The first column is the "parameter number", the second column the value at
start-up (after the car had been sitting parked for about 90 minutes or so),
and the third column the value after about 20 minutes of driving. Some of these
numbers are clearly temperatures of various things, others are just values that
might represent pressures, modes of operation, etc?

00    22C    22C  (temperature set point?)
01    34C    25C  (interior temp?)
02    32C    25C  (interior temp?)
03    34C    43C
04    27C    27C  (exterior temp?)
05    19C    03C  (evaporator temp?)
06    65C    92C  (coolant temp?)
07    09     11
08    38C    45C
09    00     00
10    00     40
11    18     19
12    99     99
13    20C    18C
14    41     48
15    35C    30
16    06     06
17    00     00
18    40     42
19    00     00
20    99     99

There are more values available but not sure how high they go and whether they
repeat so I stopped at 20.

Anyone have a service manual that might explain what these numbers are and if
any problem is evident?