Thinking the 4 cyl should be more efficient as I am not even coming close to using the power either engine can produce. Either is overkill really.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Cathey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] NY eBay parts SDL

heat as I can afford.  I will probably use the 240D engine I will be
getting
for the cogen as it will be more efficient running 2 less cylinders

How so?  I think the typical SDL gets better mileage than the typical
240D.  (Both with automatics.)  Though it'd be a shame to waste a good
603 on a stationary installation that would do just as well with a 616.

-- Jim