I've had leaks that only leaked when the system was hot, and the escaping
liquid quickly evaporated so it was hard to find them.

Any scent of glycol in the exhaust? White smoke or steam?

I presume a wagon has a rear heater core, did you check for leaks along the
length of the car and not just under/around the front?