I got one years ago for my 83 300TD. A guy made them with micro electronics. It still works. If you want I'll try and find out if they are still available.

Manfred

Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
Sure, that works for a day or two.

Here's a thread about resoldering them.

https://www.benzworld.org/threads/the-permanent-tachometer-amplifier-fix.1652194/

Was hoping someone made a more reliable replacement, but I guess at this point
there isn't much of a market for that.