Contact Pierre Hedary and ask him.

Randy

On 07/06/2023 1:46 PM, Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes wrote:
Has anyone else run into a serial differential swapping issue? I have been
through about four differentials in the past year on the 300td and the
560sel. Originals started whining so I thought I was doing a good thing by
swapping, but then the replacement on the wagon seems to have blown a seal
and is trying to seize up while the 560 locked up tight on the 405
yesterday leaving the car in the slow lane and me running upstream on the
other side of the jersey wall frantically waving off traffic like that guy
in Team America, just waiting for someone to plow into it until the chp
arrived to shut the whole freeway down. Total drag.

I would happily put a new or factory rebuild in, but since they are nla and
no one can figure out the rebuild, I guess its back to boneyard roulette!

I thought these things never went out, but as serious transportation
solution this is making my cars sort of a joke. Time for a Bolt or a second
Lexus or something I guess. My Dad has a pickup he has been trying to get
me to drive, so maybe that is the answer. I have never experienced this
problem before, but there doesnt seem to be a reliable solution. I can
recall taking the diff out of our 55 convertible in the 1990s and taking it
to the diff shop to get it rebuilt. Doesnt seem that hard. For some reason
a mercedes diff is just a paperweight when it is worn out. Unbelievably
stupid engineering.