Maybe I shared this already but I had a new 88 chevy stepside with the v6.
Took it crawling right off the lot on a local trail, power line right of
way. Got to the top of a ridge. Noticed oil pressure gauge bouncing. Looked
outside and oil was pouring off the corner of the front air dam. Shut her
down, coasted back to a service station, dumped some oil in, took it back
to the dealer. Oil cooler line had not been torqued properly at the
factory.

It ran for 29k miles before it started pouring white smoke and dropping oil
pressure again. It probably had three minutes of IDLING run time on dodgy
oil pressure to cause that.

Back to the dealer; they dropped a new short block in it under warranty.
They said every bearing tolerance in the motor was at the overhaul limit.

So that it really all it takes to cook a motor. But it did run for awhile.
I think anything losing pressure under load is really on its last legs if
it runs at all.