Angie's '05 VW Golf had that happen on both front springs. On that car the
springs are part of the struts which makes compressing the spring even a bit
more exciting. I just replaced the entire unit which wasn't a whole lot more
expensive than just the spring itself.

-Curt

On Sunday, June 25, 2023 at 10:37:16 PM EDT, dan penoff.com via Mercedes