Kind of looks like they lost license to manufacture , which begs the question, why??? Wonder if they've been watering down the soup?

------------Robert

George Larribeau wrote:
I used it in the old days when it was known as Rolls Royce Joint Compound,
it's still available

https://host.globalsecureserver.com/x1r.com/store/customer/product.php?produ
ctid=16212&cat=283

Have to open your wallet but it will last a long time. If I recall shelf
life was years.

Dennis T

http://www.hylomar-usa.com/

Well that is what I remember the first tube I ever saw came in a box like that in about 1980 when I was in San Francisco. I guess I was wondering how /if Permatex was marketing, making it under license or just making it. I emailed Permatex and got the following:

George LarribeauHylomar was discontinued from the Permatex line at the end of last year. Permatex offers other gasket dressings that might work for your application. You can call the Permatex Tech Center 877-376-2839 and speak to one of our technicians. If you give them more information they will be able to help you select a product for your application.

Dobruck

Marketing Communications

Well I believe I know in the Dilbert world I know which department that answer came from.

It was very convenient to go to the local auto parts store and purchase it.

George Larribeau
Dallas, Texas

1985 300SD 190K
1987 HD FLHTC 86K
1984 Motoguzzi Cal -2 80K
1972 Motoguzzi Ambassador LOTS
1965 Chevy C-10 pick up truck lots of miles 3rd small block ..(Extra
Ugly,but runs)

1993 BMW 323i  115K (Wife's Car)
1967 BMW R50/2 (Wife's MC, currently in a Basket)