Speaking of diesel, I just removed the grill from my 1985 300sd 126 sedan
in order to replace three of the Chrome molding strips. What a joy to work
on this car. Every nut bolt and screw looks as fresh as if it were just
installed in the factory. This is not a trivial job, so I utilized a couple
YouTube videos for guidance. I had to struggle to remove the vertical
center strip because it had been banged up. I ended up cutting it with
Snips to get it off. The new molding slid right on but had to be cut to
length. For some reason, the vertical strip is NLA. I was able to find one
at Beerbower Classic Auto and Parts. Reinstalling the grill was slightly
challenging because two of the attachment screws are recessed and require a
long socket extender. When the job was completed, it was highly satisfying
to admire the grill without any unsightly distractions.