This kind of rot amazes me. All the Americans had to to is copy what the Europeans already have to the letter and the whole world would be efficient, low emissions....and compatible. but of course, our gvmt has to always re-invent the wheel, instead of using the existing, proven technology just to make everything more expensive and confusing.

---------Robert

Jeff Zedic wrote:
Larry,

What you don't realise is that North America is behind the rest of the world, well almost all of the rest, in the quality of their fuel. European countries and manufacturers have had this fuel for YEARS!!

As per usual, the US auto industry/market is holding us up. The new regs coming in in 2007 (?) are tougher tan the Euro regs but they can be met with current technology, it's just that once again American and technology seem to be mutually exclusive terms in the automotive industry.

Ever wonder what that rotten egg smell is from when you get passed on th highway? Our shitty gasoline!

Jeff Zedic
Toronto
87 300TD
(been using ULSD for years here too)