There was not a short or any reason to trip the breaker. It appears the nuts
were not tight creating resistance/heat. I guess after 10 years it finally
burned thru. I have to replace the cord and the terminal block as it melted to.
Had one of the wires hit the ground it would have shorted and tripped.

Sent from my iPhone