I really don't trust plugs. If I have to repair a tire, I have them put a patch on the inside.

Randy

On 27/11/2023 11:32 AM, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
I've had good luck (well, I've done it once with good results) just using the
plug kits you get at FLAPS. As long as the screw/nail is in the main tread area
and not close to or in the sidewall, you just ream out the hole with the
provided tool and push the plug in.

That doesn't get you a patch on the inside but even without that the one I did
is still holding air. I don't know if the plug is enough to change the balance.
I would not think so unless you're going for very precise balancing. I haven't
noticed a problem.

Allan