If you look at the French, they do the same thing from time to time... Guess the French have influenced the US again .... Also, there are copyrights to be applied to this issue and most companies will pay fees to use them if allowed by the owner.... However, denying fees will keep you at a economic advantage over your competitors and some like it that way ...

Bill
1981 300 TD

Jeff Zedic wrote:
I think the biggest point of the matter is...WHY DOES THE USA HAVE TO COME
UP WITH SOMETHING NEW RATHER THAN USING THE STANDARDS ALREADY IN EFFECT IN
THE REST OF THE WORLD?  Why must we always do things OUR way?  Maybe its
just vanity or just plain stubborn but it makes no sense at all to me.
Seems way cheaper and easier to copy what already works.

Mike

Mike,

I'd blame the lobbyists and special interest groups for that. They know how to hit the right buttons to make your monkeys jump.

Jeff Zedic
Toronto
87 300TD