Funny that you mention this - when I was growing up on the south side of
Indianapolis, we had about an acre of lawn on our property. We had moles all
the time, or so it seemed.

The worst part was walking around and twisting an ankle when you stepped on one
of their tunnels. A lot of whiffle ball and football in our yard due to it’s
size.

We had German Shepards that would occasionally go after them, but we also used
the guillotine-type traps. Those are very effective, and the mole just ends up
being fertilizer.

-D