  Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:46:15 -0400
From: "LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Corporate Scams -  was OT 500 PPM low sulphur ..
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Well, if we're gonna talk about corporate scams might as well mention
my
latest pet peeve - cell phones - they're made so fragile that a
insurance
policy to keep it maintained is almost mandatory - it's impossible to
get a
simple cell phone - I have to use Verizon because they have consistant
coverage so my wife can call during her 50 mil trip home/to work - our
2
year agreement was over and we renewed and needed new phones because
the old
ones were falling apart.  Tried to find a one piece (that doesn't flip
open)
without a camera and they don't carry any.

I think their tactic is to sell a phone that needs expensive
maintanence/insurance policy to keep it working.  Yep, I'm paranoid.

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
Weber Carb Info
http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
Porsche Road Test
http://members.rennlist.com/roadtest/