On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 22:15:14 +0000 "dan penoff.com via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> https://youarecurrent.com/2015/10/20/still-rolling-bentley-dealership-finds-niche-in-zionsville/

There is something wrong with that article! It says,

        When Hermann died at age 62 in October 2002,

That means Hermann was born in 1940.

        Greg, 53,

That means Greg was born in 1949, when Hermann was 9.

        and brother, Mark, 50, took over running Bentley Zionsville

That means Mark was born in 1952, when Hermann was 12.

        That allowed the mechanic to found Albers Rolls-Royce in 1963 as
        a service garage and later develop a solid luxury car business.

That means Hermann founded Albers Rolls-Royce when he was 23.

> The one thing that always fascinated me at the time was that whenever
> he (re)installed a fastener, he made a paint mark on it to identify if
> anyone tampered with the fastener. Sort of like how you use that red
> glyptal stuff to “seal” the little surface mount trimmer pots on a
> circuit board.

I have seen that red glyptal stuff on trimmers.

I also saw, when looking under my brand-new 1972 220D/8, yellow paint
marks on bolts/nuts all over, particularly on the components of the
driveshaft, like the bolts and nuts on the rubber donuts.

Craig