Donald Snook wrote:
My father and Stepmother live in Biloxi, Mississippi and their house and
both cars were devastated in Hurricane Katrina.  After the Hurricane,
they went out and bought a new Honda Pilot which they love (it is pretty
nice) and they began work on their house. They had flood insurance so
they are better off than most.  Anyway, they settled with the Insurance
company for the house and cars and are just now prepared to buy a new
car. My father really liked my old 124 diesel and is considering a new
Mercedes.  The reason I am asking is that he is interested in the new
320CDI. My question is regarding fuel.  I know there was much discussion
about this recently but I am not sure my question was answered (why
would it be, I am just now asking). The 2005/06 CDI can run on the current supply of diesel. Correct?

YES

Will anything change when the new fuel comes on the market?  Can they
run the ultra-low sulfur fuel in the CDI?

Nothing will change - the 2004-'05 CDI can burn the "new" fuel or the old fuel.

I told him if he buys one of these, he should definitely get the
extended warranty or buy a slightly used version that comes with the
100,000 Starmark warranty.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)