We peaked at 89 percent in suburban DC.  The best part was when it started
at 2:05 ET - a tiny black wart appeared out of nowhere and began to grow on
the right side of the sun...  At 89 percent a tiny sliver was all that was
left of the sun, although there was no appreciable darkening of the sky...
The sun then began to emerge from bottom to top until all that was left of
the moon was a dimple (like a skull cap) at 4:00.  Fascinating.