Years ago I bought a HF recip saw for $20 when the main ring gear in my old
(early 80s)  Sears recip saw (rebranded Milwaukee) stripped. Parts for it NLA.
I figured the HF thing would last long enough to finish the job and here it is
like 12yr on, a bit worse for the wear but still recipping and I’ve pretty much
beat the shite out of it. They still sell them for $20 too, I should probably
get a backup.

I have a $12 angle grinder too I got for my welding classes and that thing
isn’t bad either. At those prices I have no expectations so however long they
last exceeds my expectations.

--FT
Sent from iFōn