On 08/05/2024 3:10 PM, David Bruckmann via Mercedes wrote:
On the way home last night, an uninsured idiot ran a red light into my
path. My California 1976 300D, original kaledoniengrĂ¼n paint with no rust,
took it on the chin. Literally.

Both fenders, hood, grille, front fascia, lights, radiator, bumper, etc
etc. Aft of the front fenders everything is aligned ok, apart from "minor"
damage to the rear passenger door and quarter panel. The bodywork doesn't
concern me as much as the damage to the frame at the front. The wheel is on
a very wrong angle, I fear it is more than just a damaged front subframe.

I suspect the car will be written off but will keep you all posted. Calling
my agent now.

D.

Every classic driver's worst nightmare.

What did you hit and how well did it stand up to the old MB? Is this a W115 or a W123? They sold both in 1976.

Randy