Well, my understanding (IIRC from Stu Ritter) is that all SEDAN/COUPE seats
are interchangeable (as to bolt in bolt out with the bases) from about
1959-1989. Later sedans, and SLs/SLCs are not.

I know that w123 - w116 - w126 are for sure, as I had w123 seats in my w116,
and Dave Quay used to put w126 power seats into w116s for customers.

mac