From: Robert & Tara Ludwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:51:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: the "new" VW Rabbit.

Any chances of a diesel engine appearing in the thing in the US late
next year?
I wish I still had the old Rabbit diesel I had 15+ years ago, that was
one great little car ( the 60 mpg wasn't hard to live with either :-)

---------Robert

Christopher McCann wrote:
> I heard about it and here's the skinny:
>
>  http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1727.shtml
>
>  Nothing earth-shattering, just the latest Golf, called "Rabbit" for the US
market. What I did not know was that the "old" rabbit was also a Golf
everywhere
else but US & Canada.