In a message dated 7/24/2006 10:01:39 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Climbed  into the '77 300D last night after having eaten mounds of Chinese
chow  (delardassification project starts today) and, when I switched on the
headlights, there were no dash lights, no right tail light, and no license
plate
lights. Looked in the fuse block this mornng and saw the #1 fuse blown.  I
replaced it, switched on the lights, and it popped instantly.
So,  fellers, is there a time honored offender when this circuit pops its
fuse or  do I just need to start hunting?
Bob,

My guess is one of the bulbs in back that has two filaments in it has
shorted internally.  This would be a running light that lights up brighter
when the
brakes are touched,  Does the fuse blow if you don't step on the  brakes?

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ
79 300SD, 262 K miles
98 ML 320, 143 K  miles