If I recall, the flame front on propane is lower than on gasoline, so you get less of a whack when it goes off, more of a whump, not that it would matter much I suppose, but it might be less dangerous.

Imagine driving a car around with 20 gallons of that really nasty explosive poisonous stuff onboard -- man that is one scary thought!

--R (half veggie oil driven)

David Brodbeck wrote:

R A Bennell wrote:
Propane makes me nervous. If the heater
core thingy leaks inside the car, won't the propane be heavy enough that it may
settle near the floor. Then a spark might ignite it??

You'd smell it long before it reached an explosive mixture.

Gasoline vapors are also heavier than air, and will burn over a much
wider range of mixtures, BTW.