Peter Merle wrote:
> As I said I don't recall from the article the exact nature of the
> problem , but it was about WVO not SVO. Something about the longer
> Hydrogen-carbon chains having a detremental affect on the engine.
> PEter

Probably this article:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_SVO-palm.html

They used SVO palm oil in a Kubota stationary diesel engine.  They
heated the oil by running the exhaust pipe through the tank.  They found
greatly increased wear to the compression rings.  They also found higher
EGTs -- the palm oil wasn't burning completely in the cylinder, so some
of it was combusting in the exhaust manifold, instead.