thats the problem, nobody wants them in their back yard yet everybody wants the benefits

Zeitgeist wrote:
Having spent a considerable amount of time in the Gulf, along the Texas and
Louisiana shoreline, I can tell you quite emphatically that I DO NOT want
refineries in my backyard.  Sending em to China is fine with me.  I hope and
pray for their sake, that they consider the inevitable environmental
consequences as they assume that role.

Here in Warshington, we're setting up a number of biodiesel "refineries",
which may or may not be less of an environmental hazard; it still remains to
be seen, but that's a risk we're willing to take at this point.  One
scheduled biodiesel plant is slated to be the largest in the nation.

Our energy future will be required to be multi-modal, rather than solely
reliant on one or two primary sources.  So far, there's no one silver bullet
envisioned to replace evil petrol.

Casey
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler #22 (218k)
'84 300D (216k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)