On 8/28/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Try these folks. They have wide new balance shoes. I buy almost all my
> shoes from them. I wear an 8 EEEEEE (No jokes; I have heard them).

So why the stupid sizing system, anyway?  Weren't there any more
letters left after E?  'Lefty' was in charge of sizing lasts, and
ran out of fingers 'cause he only had one hand?  By my reckoning,
your shoes ought to be an 8J.  Just a peeve of mine.

IIRC, bra sizes appear to work that way, but actually don't---e.g., a
DD cup is not the same as an E cup.  If you're looking for logic in
clothing sizes, you'll be looking a long time.

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper