the 5.6 will have the same issues except for some reason they are not quite at hard of cams and timing chains.

Donald Snook wrote:

Kaleb wrote:
"Watch out for timing chain problems.  If it has around 130K and has not

been done, it needs to be done. If it rattles for a couple of seconds
when started cold, it is about to break.  Can also break the slide rails

and cause a chunk to jam in the chain causing it to jump. Will also need valve seals like the 6 cylinder. Bottom end is about bullet proof like the diesels. If its got 150k or more, changing the injectors will give you a smoother engine and better mileage."
Well having heard these issues, I will probably just keep mine. The car
I was looking at has 153,000.  As it is, I have a car that is perfect
mechanically, and I don't really want to get into one that is going to
cost me $1000 in repairs.  I wish I had time to tackle one of these
chains, but I don't. Is this the same problem with the 560?
Recently, I have been lusting after a 560SEC.  Now, that is a special
car, so I suppose I might be willing to buy one and put $1000 into it.
However, I think the SEC's are going for exorbitant prices.
Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 131K