I haven't done it yet, but I only have easy access to empty detergent
buckets, and they aren't very strong. I'm planning to make a cross
brace out of small PVC pipe and a cross or X fitting to wedge near the
center inside the bucket, hoping that it will provide enough support
to keep the sides from collapsing. After reading about your top
breaking, perhaps a vertical tube to support the top is in order as
well.

Remember, I have not tried this yet ---

So, any advice on how to keep the buckets from collapsing? I am thinking
about putting one bucket inside the other for added structural strength.
A source for more durable buckets would also be welcomed.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK