Tried repairing my cruise control, re soldering, now it won't even start
to do anything; maybe JIM can respond?; i have repaired, re soldered

Well, I'd say you didn't do it right then.  (As the symptoms tend to
speak for themselves.  If it works _worse_ after you've gotten done
with it...)

It happens.  You'll just need to do it again.  You _did_ use paint
stripper on it first, right?  Very important, IMHO.  The varnish
coating contaminates your attempts to resolder the joints otherwise.
I think the first one I repaired required several attempts before
I made it better rather than worse.  The last several have been
successes on the first shot, I guess practice helps.

climate controls, Ok, Tach. amplifiers (TRANSDUCERS, according to trained

They can call it a transducer, but that doesn't make it one. The thing in
the can is an amplifier for the transducer that is mounted on the front
(or back) of the engine.  (Formally, a transducer changes one form of
energy to another. The canned doodad takes a weak electrical signal from the variable reluctance sensor [transducer] and boosts it to a signal that
resembles what comes out of a set of points, which can then be fed to a
conventional tachometer circuit.)

-- Jim