oh no, not another transmission thread.

BIll Phelps wrote:

Thanks to all who answer my original request. Taking your advice, I checked
the selector.
All  OK there. Dropped the tranny pan last Saturday. There were no debris
present. The fluid
was clear  though slightly dark with a mid burnt smell.The filter appeared
to almost completely
blocked so I figured I had the problem in  hand. I inspected the visible
parts and all seemed in
order.

Fluid from the torque was also devoid of any debris.

After cleaning the pan and buttoning the tranny up, I installed new Mobil1
atf. Fired up the car and..
no change.

Still no forward or reverse at any rpm.

Are there any further thoughts?