sounds like you need the master of schmooze (me) to get the shop working in
your favor.  Today, a truck blew out a wheel seal less than 5 miles from the
International dealer in Louisville, KY.  He was on the way to pick up a load of
parts (that was already close to late) for Nissan headed to the plant in
Smyrna, TN.  OOP$.  Called the shop there and the service writer told me it
would be mid-way into second shift before they could work on the truck.  OUCH.
That could cost u$ $10,000-20,000 (depend$ on how much a DC-9 is going for that
day) if the truck's not fixed before then.  So, I waited about 20 minutes, and
called the service manager and explained the situation to him.  Hearing that it
could cost one of IHC's large (and loyal) customers $10-20k if the load of
Nissan parts shut down their plant, he said he would get the truck right in.
70 minutes later the truck was fixed and they were calling me for the $55.60
bill.  Sweet success, and I have the dispatchers bowing at!
  my
feet.  MMMMMMM, Power :D

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark