archer wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying a 34' motorhome with the following
> engine/transmission:
>
> Cummins B5.9 230HP @ 2500 RPM, 605 FT. Lb Torque @ 1700 RPM
> Turbo Charged Diesel with Allison 6 speed
>
> I seem to remember a discussion about a computer module being mounted on top
> of a Cummins engine where engine heat damaged it.

I believe that was the IDI GM engine with the electronics rated below
underhood temps. What year is the Cummins engine? If it has 12 valves
and an inline pump that looks like it fell off a MBZ, you're good to go,
I can't think of a better MH engine. If it has a Bosch rotary pump, let
me know when it fails, I've got a rebuilt Dodge/Cummins/Bosch inline
pump around here somewhere.