I did this too except to strip paint off my porch. What a number it did on the wood!/Tom ----- Original Message ----- From: "archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Engine Cleaner/Cleaning Engine

I tried a 2200 psi pressure washer on the '83 300D. Really blasted the dirt
and oil off.  Happened to hit a belt with high pressure stream.  It blew
rubber right out of the belt; leaving only the fabric. Decided it might do
the same to a gasket, so I haven't used it since.

If the pressure could be reduced, this would seem to be a good way to clean a very dirty greasy engine, but the motor is governed to one speed and there is no way to reduce the pressure other than turning the nozzle which reduces
the pressure too much.

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerry