Someone mentioned oiling the bearing and felt scraper with 30W might help lessen it's draw. Well I got the motor out, but I didn't see any obvious
access to bearings.

Yeah, that sounds about right.  If it was easy everybody would be
doing it!

Also, along the same lines, are there 3 or 5 total possible speeds for the fan? I was thinking someone had said that there was basically the top speed "5" which could only be accessed via the top fan button, a lowest speed "1" which could only be accessed via the bottom fan button, and then the auto
button chose between speeds 2,3 or 4.

That sounds about right.  I believe it's in the factory ACC service
manual, but there are a number of variations on that system.  My manual
says that AUTO runs between 2-5.  3-5 when on defog (not defrost).
Full speed is setting #6.

But I was monkeying with it more
lately, and I'm not sure I can tell much difference between the high and low
push buttons and the max or min speeds that auto reaches...

If it works good, it _is_ good!

And lastly, if I were to give the blower motor it's own upgraded wiring to handle a 20amp fuse for full speed, Is there a simple way so that I can do that without interfering with the ACC system? I'm tempted to just put in my
own switch for max speed,

No, that's tacky.  Hurts resale value too.

I guess what I really need is to find a wiring diagram(preferably one that just dealt with the blower motor). I'm having trouble trying to figure out

The factory ACC service manual is a good starting place.  Unfortunately
the scans of the schematic diagrams are some of the worst ever made.

where the wiring goes with the control unit in the center dash, the
resistors way out behind the passenger headlight, and then the motor back in the passenger footwell...(not to mention the fuse over on the drivers side).

Don't forget the blower speed switching unit behind the glove box.  :-)
That would probably be where you ran the auxiliary fused wire, were you
to do such a thing.

-- Jim