hi David!

    we seem to have a lack of common understanding of what "quality" lamps or
"aimed
properly" means; with the exception of High Beams, properly aimed quality
lights will
not "dazzle" anyone. (in my last post i'm forgetting that quality lamps aren't
what
most of our US cars came with and not everyone is familiar with how good lights
can
be compared to DOT junk; i've been using H4 sealed bulb lamps in all my
vehicles for
years and the DOT lights almost immediately go in the trash.)

    more lights that don't "dazzle" an oncoming motorist are simply more lights
make that motorist aware of you and judge your position by, and more different
colors
of lights (like what many of our MBZs have) make it that much more likely that
you'll
be noticed. sadly, we share the roads with some truly poor drivers in the US;
while
you might have perfect vision and never miss a thing, just ask any firefighter
or
ambulance driver how often people will pull out of their rigs even with their
full
lights flashing!

    daytime use of running lights (what you and many Amerikuns call "parking
lights")
helps make you more easily seen in shadows of trees or buildings, on overcast
days,
under bridges and overpasses, etc.. since it's not likely anyone could complain
that
those are "dazzling", i don't see how anyone could have any objection to
daytime use
of them and generally practice that myself. more oddly, this is illegal in at
least
some states, but not in others...?
    as an example of how non-universal your opinion might be, take notice that
once
Amerika got wise to the BS of low-power high beams as activated as Daytime
Running
Lights, manufacturers of many vehicle (including everything from Corvettes to
tractor
trailers) set up their vehicles to use the front running/parking lights
full-time.

cheers!