If my memory is right, it is an 8mm. If not, it is a 10mm. Every MB owner who turns a wrench should have at least a 5mm, 6mm, an 8mm and a 10 mm allen socket. Those with OM60x engine should also have a 12mm for the inevitable idler arm bearing failure.

I may be wrong, but i don't think the 380SL is made for the oil sucker. You have to get it up in the air and crawl under to change the filter anyway, the topside system is of no real advantage. I need to change the oil in #1 daughter's SL, so it is time to remember the allen size......