We are having our first snow/ice/freezing rain of the season here in
America's Heartland (Kansas) and I am planning to get snow tires.  On my
most recent prior Mercedes, the snow tires came with the car mounted on
a second set of wheels (2 tires not four).  Well, I sold that car to OK
Don and I am without snow tires.  So, while I was picking up my car at
my indy (because of the %^#^ hose repair), I asked him if he had any
snow tires.  He told me they would not help on my car.  He said that
they would not work on a LWB 126 as well as they did on my 124.  This
sounds like malarkey to me.   Has anyone tried out snow tires on a 126
(esp. LWB 126).  Do they help? Am I destined to slip and slide all over
the place?

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 133K